- Provide access for people of all ages to a world-class aviation museum and educational facility based on Flying Cloud Airport
- Acquire additional aircraft and memorabilia to continue building a comprehensive collection of aviation artifacts
- Create displays and plan events to tell the story of aviation history
Wings of the North operated a very successful aviation museum on Flying Cloud Airport from 2016 to 2021. The museum featured an extensive collection of aviation artifacts, displays, and artwork covering military and civilian aircraft.
When the leased space was no longer available in 2021, the Board of Directors voted to move ahead with a capital campaign to raise $2,000,000 to build a new 14,000 square feet facility on the campus of Flying Cloud Airport.
A new, permanent, world-class aviation museum and education facility will include
- Display areas for an extensive aircraft collection; six aircraft and related equipment
- Memorabilia galleries and storage
- Office and conference room
- Event space supported by a catering kitchen
- Gift shop.
A new expanded museum will make it possible for Wings of the North to host tours for school groups, veteran’s groups, and senior citizen groups to learn about aviation history from all eras. The Wings of the North Air Museum will provide much needed event space for the community and an income stream for the organization.
Gifts and multi-year pledges will be secured by inviting individuals, foundations, and corporations to invest in a new facility.
Questions about the campaign can be directed to Bob Jasperson | 612-867-5866 | email@example.com